RE: Europa-List: Differences between classic and XS

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Differences between classic and XS
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:35:07

Tony=2C
My advice would be to find another Europa owner who built his own (ideally
Kim Prout)=2C offer to pay his expenses=2C and get him to do an inspection.
The main  difference is in the wings. Baggage bay extension with weight upg
rade is available as a retrofit from the factory.Why not fly it back to Alb
erta ?
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Differences between classic and XS
> From: albertaflyer@gmail.com
> Date: Thu=2C 26 Aug 2010 21:44:26 -0700
> To: europa-list@matronics.com

om>

> Hi everyone=2C
>
> I have been looking at purchasing a europa but would like to know what th
e differences are between the classic and xs? There is a classic that has b
een converted to an xs except the baggage area. What exactly are the change
s? How big is the baggage area in the classic? Also=2C is there any problem
s with transporting the plane on the trailer for say 2100 KM? The plane I'm
 interested in is on Barnstormers=2C link is http://asyouwill.com/europa/Ho
me.html. Does anyone out there know this plane? Apparently it was built in
Calgary=2C AB=2C Canada and the current owner is in California. I'm in Albe
rta also so would like to transport it home on the trailer if possible. Wha
t should a person look for when inspecting?