Re: Europa-List: Monowheel landing gear dampers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel landing gear dampers
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:38:13
Kingsley=0Ayour recollection is pretty well correct but there was an additi
onal =0Acomplication, the XS tailwheel was introduced shortly afterwards, (
I'm pretty =0Asure.) With the original Mustang/P51 tailwheel bounces were m
uch more of a =0Aproblem. You might get away without dampers on the XS, the
y tend to wear out =0Aquite soon anyway.=0Abtw Guerner is Remi's surname
=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Kingsley Hurst <
hurstkr@redzone.com.au>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Wednesday,
28 July, 2010 10:42:01=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel landing gear d
edzone.com.au>=0A=0A> Has anyone experienced flying the Monowheel without t
he dampers ?=0A=0AWell I certainly haven't Guerner but if I may just add a
little to Bud's comment =0A. . . . .=0A=0AThe original Europa had no rubber
 suspension relying on the balloon tyre to =0Adampen the bumps.=0AEuropa fo
und this was not good enough so introduced the rubber block but found =0Ait
 to have too much rebound.=0AThey then inroduced the hydraulic dampers to a
rrest the rebound and were finally =0Asatisfied they had it right.=0A=0AThi
s is my recollection of the progression so if you dispense with the dampers
, =0Ayou will be reverse engineering so to speak what has been done before.
==