Re: Europa-List: Monowheel landing gear dampers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel landing gear dampers
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:42:01

> Has anyone experienced flying the Monowheel without the dampers ?

Well I certainly haven't Guerner but if I may just add a little to Bud's
comment . . . . .

The original Europa had no rubber suspension relying on the balloon tyre to
dampen the bumps.
Europa found this was not good enough so introduced the rubber block but
found it to have too much rebound.
They then inroduced the hydraulic dampers to arrest the rebound and were
finally satisfied they had it right.

This is my recollection of the progression so if you dispense with the
dampers, you will be reverse engineering so to speak what has been done
before.

Cheers
Kingsley in Oz.