Europa-List: europa trailer height ?

Subject: Europa-List: europa trailer height ?
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 14:35:46
Luc,

I agree with Karl, why complicate it.  I personally tow my plane to and
---From the airfield every flight.  Additionally, I have towed the plane on
 a couple of very long trips over 500 miles each without issue.  Except
for the local trips, I remove the tailplanes and store them in the tow v
ehicle. They move around too much on the trailer.  I also add an extra s
trap over and around the monowheel/wheel ramp/support structure keeps th
at end from moving around.  I also know of another builder that towed hi
s Europa from Arizona to Nebraska and back a few times without issue on
the standard Europa trailer.  That is almost 1,000 miles each way.

The added benefit of towing the Europa on its trailer is that you are ab
le to keep an eye on it from the tow vehicle.   Either way you go (trail
er in a trailer or just trailer) make sure the wing supports fit snug.
I think the sling is much better than the foam supports Europa had for a
while. I replaced mine with a 4" wide strap covered with carpet.  Seems
to work well.

Good luck.
Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

$0.99/day Car Insurance?
Insurance deal just passed allows YOU to legally pay $1/day
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c2f4b119a3abd1825st04vuc