Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airwo

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airworthiness
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:54:46
Luc,

The skydrive installation is a minor job, if all goes well, but the
tolerances are very tight and when I did mine I was very relieved
that the
unit did not get stuck half way.

I don't think you need a gascolator, but would recommend fitting one.

If you go back in the archives, Bud posted an item on a heating
system, but it will take some work.
I've tried taking heat from the muffler and the exhaust pipe, but
with little success. My aircraft is pleasant to fly with the temps
around zero C, provided that it is
sunny. Generally I can't get my plane out of the hangar once the snow
flies, so I've decided that long Johns and battery heated socks are
all I need if I can get out of the hangar.
You will not get much heat off a 912, my 912S runs cool.

Dave