Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airwo

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Firewall material vs Canada "fireproof material" airworthiness
From: Luc Michaud <rambug@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 00:18:12
requirement

Wow, I didnt expect a full year delay from import to Canadian
airworthiness...

At least, it does seems like the firewall wont be an issue.

As for the carb heat, looks like a minor job if using that Skydrive
technology.

What about the gascolator requirement ?  Anyone been able to get away with
only fuel drains at the lowest point in the fuel system ?

Finally my wife asks about the cabin heat.  I know that N202Y doesnt have
cabin heat; the guys down South say it's a warm cabin...  Is that the case
?  Would it be required if I wanted to fly in ~ 0C ground temperature ? Any
way to easily fit this in a Classic with R912UL ?

Regards,

Luc