Re: Europa-List: Hose & Fittings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hose & Fittings
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:00:15

Frans,

Working up a non-standard (as in not the way Europa does it) means of plumbing
for petrol, oil, water and brake is not for the faint of heart.

After my trials and tribulations in making Aeroquip 666 work for the petrol, I
went with stock, by-the-Europa/Rotax-book plumbing for oil and water.

You are right, the myriad means of connecting hose to device can be
overwhelming.
Often the simple barbed connector is the most expedient if not the most elegant
solution.

The only change I made to the cooling system was to use silicone rubber hose in
place of the black stuff Europa supplied.  I did that because the silicone is
for all intent and purpose permanent.

I could provide you with a list of parts that I used on my fuel system, but I
doubt
that yours is plumbed exactly like mine.  You will probably have to work
out what you need for your system yourself.

You can find pre-made hose from many auto racing parts houses like Earl's (
http://www.anplumbing.com/ ) and XRP ( http://www.xrp.com/ ) and many other
places.

Custom hose will be made up for you by places like Aircraft Spruce and Wicks,
etc.

I would suggest that you do not actually remove any part of a functioning system
until you are absolutely certain that the pile of parts you think will work
will actually work.

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.