Re: Europa-List: Hose & Fittings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hose & Fittings
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:39:54

On 06/20/2010 04:09 AM, Robert Borger wrote:

> Yes, Speedflow is the same brand I've been using recently.
>
> Right about the Aeroquip 666.  It's not for mere mortals to assemble
> those hose parts.

Talking about hose & fittings, you seem to be the right guy to direct my
question to. Others are invited to answer too, of course.

For my oil system I have pretty much used the Europa supplied hoses,
clamps and fittings. But I have always had some reservations to have
rubber hoses attached with a worm clamp to the engine, for such a
critical system.
As my oil cooling system is now finalised and working to my full
satisfaction, I would like to replace all the hoses, fittings and clamps
by something better.

I'm a newbie in hoses, fittings and clamps, and the available options
dazzle me. Furthermore, I have no clue what the names of the fittings of
the oil cooler are, the oil tank, etc. and I'm likely to order the wrong
parts. I see confusing AN-x parts, metric sizes, thread dimensions, etc.

So, three questions here:
1) What kind of system (brand) is the best I can use.
2) Has anyone who went the same route, a list with the proper names of
the fittings and sizes of the various parts of the oil system?
3) Can I order somewhere the correct hoses with the correct fittings
clamped on, ready to fit? (Yes, measuring the required length of the
hoses I can manage. ;-) )

Thanks,
Frans