Re: Europa-List: Hose & Fittings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Hose & Fittings
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:52:52

On Jun 20, 2010, at 3:39 AM, Frans Veldman wrote:

> On 06/20/2010 04:09 AM, Robert Borger wrote:
>
>> Yes, Speedflow is the same brand I've been using recently.
>>
>> Right about the Aeroquip 666.  It's not for mere mortals to assemble
>> those hose parts.
>
> Talking about hose & fittings, you seem to be the right guy to
> direct my
> question to. Others are invited to answer too, of course.

Frans,

FWIW, I happily found that making up SS hoses was not a big deal,
though I was thoroughly intimidated when I first looked into them.

I've transitioned from R9 fuel injection hose to SS CPE hose at the
firewall w/ those thruwall fittings. I used items from the XRP
catalogue which also includes at the very end a series of tutorials
about how to install the hose fittings.

        http://www.xrp.com/

These fittings seem to be comparable to those in the Earl's catalogue
which, I believe, is sourced in the UK. Taping the ends of the SS
braid before using a Dremel cut off wheel worked well for me, and I
found silicone spray lubricant to be essential. I'm not familar w/
size and compatibility issues relating to the Rotax.

I'm sure that a guy with your talents would not break a sweat making
up your own hoses,

Fred