RE: Europa-List: Combustion air inlets

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Combustion air inlets
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:29:36
The other thing worth consideration, is the longer (within reason) and
smoother the transition from plenum to carb throat the better
the perfomance, this allows the air to continue accelerating with
minimal turbulence, giving the best possible atomisation of the fuel
into the airflow. Hence the reason for the velocity stacks (trumpets)
seen on a lot of natually aspirated race engine.