Re: Europa-List: Outrigger leg failure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Outrigger leg failure
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:20:11

On May 14, 2010, at 8:58 AM, Robert Hatton wrote:

> Currently I am replacing both outrigger legs with MDS-Filled Nylon
> 6/6 Rod.

Robert,

Thanks for your report on your outrigger failure...glad to hear that
there was no damage to your aircraft.

Twas not me who suggested use of MDS-filled nylon 6/6 rod...I know
nothing of its properties.

Re: wheels...I'm not familiar w/ "Easy-Rolls", but the 100 or 105 mm
skate (or scooter) wheels spin silently forever...be advised that when
buying them you will enter the world of ABEC ratings for various
bearings...I opted for #9s but you can go for the ceramics for a few
more bucks...I bought my inline wheels online at
www.skates.com,,,bushes are also available to enable fitting within
the SS forks.

Related comment: From Kevin's drawing, he's apparently mastered the
art of machining the factory-stock nylon rod...I had a devil of a time
turning down my rods so that they might fit into the OR 1s.

Fred