Re: Europa-List: Outrigger leg failure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Outrigger leg failure
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:00:00

Hi Erich,

What materials did you use to make your scooter wheel forks? I just got some
.080 4130 steel sheet for a first try on the forks and .058 wall 3/4" (which
is 5/8"ID) 4130 tube for the outrigger leg socket.
Looking forward to seeing a picture, too.
And I'm glad to hear that the MDS-filled nylon legs are serving you well. I
thought I remembered that the MDS-filled nylon had lower friction
properties, but was not any stronger. I'll see if I can find that info
again.
Did you ever break a Nylon 6/6 leg?

Kevin
N211KA XS Mono 914