Europa-List: Skin wrinkling outside fuel fill

Subject: Europa-List: Skin wrinkling outside fuel fill
From: William McClellan <wilwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 19:42:29

I see in the archives that there has been a problem for some with the fuselage
skin wrinkling in the area of the plastic fuel fill tube.  My question is, why
is it happening to only a few and is there a conclusive reason for it happening?
Maybe the fuel fill tube should not be affixed to the inside skin of the
fuselage as stated in the building manual but instead allowed to be more of a
floating fit so the rubber hose will take up the expansion/contraction the
plastic
tube might be doing.  Can anyone give me the answer to this question?
Thanks,
Bill McClellan