Re: Europa-List: Mono wheel conversion

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono wheel conversion
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:50:43
No Fred I don't see any in my photo archive.  I just whacked out about
1.5 inches of the top corner to take the edge off.  Filled it with foam,
rounded over to transition to the center console top and glassed the
upper side and then glassed over the foam underneath through the access
hole below and the access hole in the top.  Later I had the upholster
pad it and the hole in the top of the console for brake and throttle
came within about 1 inch of the curve.  The worst part was not the
cutout, it was making it look like the console on the trigear was just
meant to be that way.  The cutout went from about two inches aft of the
face of the avionics part of the panel and joined with the rear section
of the console top.  Of course his mod would never allow the mono gear
handle to work and will require fiddling if a motor glider airbrake
handle were to be installed by the book...

Sorry Fred, but what I did doesn't work on a mono or a motor glider.
The handles take up knee space for the big guys.  A mono is pretty tight
for the long guys.  Without the hi-top to get their but back farther in
the seat the knees do get in the way.

Bud