Re: Europa-List: Mono wheel conversion

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono wheel conversion
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 23:45:39
On 08/02/2010 23:24, Martin Boyle wrote:
> Hi To All
> I have purchased a part built mono wheel kit and may want to convert
> it to TRI gear.When I do this can I remove the consol in the middle as
> I find there is not enough room for me as I am 6ft3in tall and
> 96kg.Has anybody done this and ois it a factory mod
> Thanks M A B
Martin
not a good idea, the central tunnel contributes a lot of bending
stiffness and compression strength to the fuselage, (apologise for
clumsy termionology) Think about nosewheel loads and main wheel/wing
weight loads. This part of the fuselage is a beam.
Mods have been done, there is a mod to slim it down in the hips area but
needs care.
Graham