RE: Europa-List: Location for temperature sender/s

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Location for temperature sender/s
From: ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:33:34

Hi Ian

I havent kept any records as such but have monitored the temperature on a
regular
basis,
It connects to a Dynon EMS 10 so gives me verbal warnings if it goes outside the
parameters I set,    Low 20C   High 60C ,

I have only had a low temp warning on starting up then quite quickly rising to
Mid 20C
For normal flight,   I have flown above 15000 ft with minus 5C OAT and an inlet
temp of
44C thats the highest I have seen but still well below the intervention
temperature

The normal range for my plane is 27C to 37C at average heights of 5000 ft summer
or winter, so in answer to your question I think it not possible to get carb
ice with a 914,

The Dynon EMS has a data log that I can download so will try and do that before
taking the plane back to Biggin hill in march,

Ivor