Re: Europa-List: Emergency parachutes, opinions?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Emergency parachutes, opinions?
From: William Daniell <wdaniell@etb.net.co>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:56:49
Why would bailing out of a Erupoa be particularly dangerous?  Many
pilots bailed out  in the last war and survived - even flew the next day.

I have made many jumps on round chutes and yes it is a bit of a bump on
landing but I am not sure 12 wall is correct mind you i was a but
younger then.  And yes people do hurt themselves landing on rough
terrain but on the whole it is confined to broken ankles.  I seem to
recall that the minimum operational jump height out of a C130 is 600
trainig jump height is 800, that said most of my jumps were night jumps
because I had my eyes shut.

I certainly plan to wear a chute when testing and a crash hat ....oh and
some decent boots to reduce the possibliity of ankle injury.

Will