Re: Europa-List: Emergency parachutes, opinions?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Emergency parachutes, opinions?
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:24:18
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom: Fred Klein <fklein@
orcasonline.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Tuesday, 15 Decemb
er, 2009 0:23:24=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Emergency parachutes, opinions
m>=0A=0A=0AExactly how one might create the recessed joggled area in a pre-
molded fuselage would not be a challenge I'd take on. I'm surprised to lear
n that Miles determined that "the forward sling needs to be attached just b
ehind the propeller"...it would appear to me that hard points port and star
board at the firewall would serve, but that would be pure speculation on my
 part.=0A=0AFred=0AA194=0A=0AFred=0AAs I understand it, the airplane needs
to hang c. 30 degrees nose down so the engine/nosegear takes the initial im
pact. Miles had straps at front and rear to achieve this but it was a very
big job and eventually exhausted his patience, not least the bureaucratic i
ssues.=0AGraham=0A