Europa-List: Europa performance

Subject: Europa-List: Europa performance
From: Gustavo Sessarego <gsessare@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 20:54:48

HI THERE=2C

I am buying a Europa XS Monowheel with Jabiru 3300 and airmaster constant s
peed prop. anybody cold tell me the cuirse speed and fuel burn expected wit
h this configuration.

thanks in advance
Gustavo

> Date: Sun=2C 20 Sep 2009 19:44:13 -0400
> From: acrojim@cfl.rr.com
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono Inner Tyre Failures
>

> Fred
>
> I think this is the 4th set of outriggers I have replaced over the years.
 Each set was made longer=2Cabout 1/2 inch each time. My monowheel is an XS
 model=2Cand not the classic so there may be a difference in lengths of the
 outriggers as supplied by the factory???

> In looking back when I was learning to land the monowheel=2C FOR ME I thi
nk the learning curve would have gone better had the outriggers been longer
... Let me explain....During landings=2Cafter touchdown=2C the rocking from
 side to side of the wings with the short outriggers gave me the inpression
 that the plane was starting to turn to one side or the other=2C and I some
time corrected  for a turn=2C when there was no turn. It took a while for m
y brain and my feet to come togather in my mind. Before I started flying th
e monowheel=2C I had acculuminated 1000 plus hours in a Pitts S-1-S which I
 owned. My perspective of what was going on outside the monowheel during th
e landing roll out=2C was affected by what I had seen in the Pitts.

> I'm not sure how a low time pilot might feel=2C or be aware of what is ha
pping in the landing roll out of their monowheel.
> I don't know if anyone has posted their thoughts on this subject.....but
please DO NOT change out the outriggers on your plane on basis of my experi
ence.

> Please understand I am not suggesting that anyone run out and change outr
iggers for longer ones.

> Jim Brown.
>

> ---- Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sep 20=2C 2009=2C at 5:10 AM=2C Jim Brown wrote:
> >
> > > Over the past ten years I have extened the outriggers in length=2C to

> > > now when the plane is parked=2C both outriggers touch the ground. For

> > > me ground handling is much better=2C and in landing with the longer

> > > outriggers the "rocking from one outrigger to the other" is now gone.
> >
> > Jim=2C
> >
> > Have you made the outriggers longer incrementally over the years or in

> > one fell swoop?
> >
> > Would you venture an opinion as to whether or not the shorter legs
> > were advantageous initially as you familiarized yourself w/ the mono?
> >
> > Sounds like you've had excellent results w/ the smaller tire at higher

> > pressure on the hardsurface runways you use...thanks for putting your

> > oar in to this discussion.
> >
> > Fred
> > A194 XS mono

Recib=ED alertas de tr=E1nsito en tu celu y lleg=E1 antes a tu destino. MSN
 Mapas te ayuda
http://www.msnmapas.com/sms-mms-transito.html