Europa-List: texel fly-in

Subject: Europa-List: texel fly-in
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 13:38:21

I'm posting this on behalf of Tim Houlihan and myself.

Tim plans to attend the Texel fly-in in G-BZTH with me as ballast,
going Friday and returning Saturday (need to be back for commitments
on Sunday).

Just wondering if any of the other people from UK are likely to be
following a similar route to ourselves.

Here's the list of the UK people slated to be arriving at Texel on
Friday, sorted by departure field.

G-RVDG  Vans RV-9                 David Gill               ZZZZ Bicester
G-BZTH  Europa                    T Houlihan               ZZZZ Defford
G-CEIW  Europa classic            SCANLAN                  EGTU Dunkeswell
G-DDBD  Europa XS Trigear         Brian Davies             EGTD Dunsfold
G-BXDY  EUROPA                    WATTS                         LADDINGFORD
G-ODJG  EUROPA TRI GEAR           CHALLIS                  ZZZZ LADDINGFORD UK
G-JBSP  Jabriru (or maybe Esqual) Clive James                   Ludham
G-IVER  Europa XS Tri gear        Ivor Phillips            EGMD Lydd
G-RVNH  RV9A                      Norman Haines            ZZZZ Malmesbury
G-BXUM  Europa                    Dave Bosomworth          EGHP Popham
G-RVIO  Vans RV10                 Hopkinson                EGBT Turweston
G-CHOX  EUROPA XS TRI-GEAR        GOFF MOORE & IAN SWANKIE EGLM WHITE WALTHAM

(I imported to FileMaker Pro the Excel file sent out by the Texel
organisers so I could play with it more easily.)

Any of those folk want to form a gaggle (I won't say formation!) for
part of the trip such as the channel crossing?

We are still thinking about exact route and timing and I guess are
open to suggestions. Timing - neither of us want to get up at an
unearthly hour so we won't be leaving Croft Farm very early, but we
want to arrive at Texel in time for dinner! Route - I think a shorter
sea crossing appeals more than the one via KONAN offered in the PLOG
---From the organisers, then more or less follow the coast.

regards

Rowland