Europa-List: Europa Short Strip Capability

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Short Strip Capability
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 03:24:25
All

Europa Aircraft has claimed since 1993 their planes have "a good short
strip capability".

I confirm: Today - few hours ago - I landed to the EFTO
https://ais.fi/ais/vfr/aerodromes/EFTO.html

That is a 360 metres (from ditch to ditch) grass strip (27-09) 50 km
west from Helsinki Finland.
That is permitted only for ultra lights but please do not tell FCAA I
was there.

Landing: contact to the earth about 1/4 from the fence, stop 1/4 before
the end of the strip.
That means less than 200 metres (only moderate brakes and some of you
know I prefer real fast in final).

Take off: we used less than 2/3 of the runway - that means less than 240
metres.

Weather: total calm, temperature +20C, almost sea level, QNH 2018 mbar.

Plane: near MTOW and that means in RT=B4s case about 645 kgs (1419
lbs), engine 912S,
CS-prop (Airmaster with Warp Plades and 5700 engine revs).

Strip: grass 10 cm (=4 inches), quite wet (because it was almost
night), base strenght moderate, 27 right side (because they claimed that
side is harder!).

"a good short strip capability".

- that=B4s true in  my mind!

Short and safe landings,