Re: Europa-List: Europa Short Strip Capability

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Short Strip Capability
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:13:19
Tim

You mentioned a word "deer strip".

I have visited in Finnish Lappland several times EFAA "Aavahelukka".
That is an asphalt strip in nowhere - that is a total wild and
unpopulated area.
Reindeers like to spend their day on the warm asphalt and it is very
difficult to make them understand "go away - I am going to land". They
usually do not care any low flybyes even.
That is one function for my siren (horn) - they escape immediately after
hearing that unexpected  noise.

Say hello to Rob Waters in Auckland - my family still remember his kind
hospitality during that very hot day there years ago.

Moro, Raimo OH-XRT
w 4place intercom...