Re: Europa-List: Lifting a Europa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lifting a Europa
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 02:40:16
Dear Richard

I have did so many times and cannot see any risks or problems.
Please use at least three straps each capable your plane=B4s weight.
Think about tail wheel also: when lifting fore - mass goes back, so lift
it also
(= put something under it).
Do not trust your engine hoist! That means do not leave your pride and
have a drink while gear retracted - it will loose it=B4s pressure sooner
or later.

Look at the attached pic about 2=BD years ago - my Europa was not
flyable yet.
Those foams under the wings were only to balance the plane - not for
load at all.
And I was there in (first time) retracting  and tracting, retracting
and...

I hope this helps and wishes to Africa, this message came from Finland.

Raimo w Mono OH-XRT
- 132 hrs since 29/04/2007 (today two hours)
- four place intercom