Europa-List: Fuel Tanks Repaired ;o)

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel Tanks Repaired ;o)
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:24:32
For those of you that we're wanting to hear the out come of this
subject below is a picture of the repair. I drilled the ends of the
crack. Then rubbed pro-seal into the crack as much as I could. No way
of telling how much if any went in. I then covered the area with the
gooey stuff. "Yuck what a mess".  After shaping it for the angle of the
tunnel, I then placed a patch of old tank John Lawton sent me over the
crack with pro-seal on it as well. I kept pressure on it for 2 days as
it set up. Then I sanded the area with 80 grit and laid up a 6 inch, 3
layer patch of bid over the whole thing. Probably over kill but I now
have the piece of mind of knowing If the pro seal ever gave out
(Unheard of) the bid would hold till another repair or a replacement of
the tank. To hopefully help this from happening again I placed two 1
inch foam pads under the tank between the floor and the tank on both
sides.  I guess as long as the tank is glassed in it can still happen
but oh well.

Anyway one other quick question to anyone. My 912-S has been,
apparently running a little rich.   The mixture screw on the carbs has
been at the 1.5 reverse turn recommended by rotax since new. Can anyone
share where there mixture/screw works best. Or is it just a setting we
should do at balancing the carbs? Any help would be appreciated for
this non mechanical type person.   ;o)

Best Regards,

Jeff R.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush - Tanks Repaired and holding gas again.