Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear wheel fairing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear wheel fairing
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:53:43

On May 15, 2009, at 4:54 PM, craig bastin wrote:

> Fred and Frans, may I humbly refer you to the following link with
> regard to
> prop choice etc
> After going through this article I am opting for a smaller 4 blade
> prop,
> probably around 60 inches.
>
> http://www.eaa.org/experimenter/articles/2009-02_elippse.asp

Hi Craig...humility helps when one suggests something other than a CS
prop for our beloved Europas...I too have been intrigued by the
Ellipse props and talked them up a bit a couple of years ago after
learning of Paul Lupps' interest in designing something for the
Europa. Glenn Crowder may chime in here as he's said he's ordered a
Lipps prop for his monowheel. Since Paul's interest is in prop design
(rather than marketing ir making props), an RV guy named Jim Smith has
volunteered to handle purchasing paperwork. Jim's email is:
elippsefppropsales@gmail.com

.

Depending on your powerplant and other considerations, Paul will do a
design for you, even as a "one off" project. Craig Catto manufactures
Paul's props...Craig's been around...I first tracked him down in the
'70's when, as an audacious 15 yr. old, he was carving props in his
garage.

Good luck w/ your 4 blader,

Fred
--