Re: Europa-List: First engine run; what is normal?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First engine run; what is normal?
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:47:13

Karl Heindl wrote:

> I am glad to hear that everything is falling into place nicely. You will be
> flying
then this summer ?

That is quite optimistic.  But let's say I hope to be flying before the
end of this year.

> About the run-in question: maybe the guys who went on the Rotax course could
shed some light on it. I understand that an airlock would be near the radiator
or pump.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a coolant temperature indicator as
well. The sensor is positioned between the top tank and the radiator.
It indicated high temperatures so at least coolant must have been found
its way from the cylinder heads to the sensor.

> I wonder why the nosewheel shaft was so tight, unless it was secured with
> loctite.

I could not find any traces of sticky substances. Also, the new shaft
was as difficult to get in. Actually, I planned for having it
considerably deeper into the fork than the original, but I gave up when
it was about 5mm further than the original, because I could hammer what
I want, but it didn't want to go any further when the fork was cooling down.

Cheers,
Frans