Re: Europa-List: Fuel valve open or close between flights

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel valve open or close between flights
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:43:42

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sidsel og Svein Johnsen" <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 6:26 PM

"My routine, reflected in the check list, is to switch to RESERVE before
starting the engine, and keep it there during warm-up and taxi.
At run-up, first check is to switch to MAIN, and first check before take-off
roll is to verify that it has been switched to MAIN."

So you are switching it lets say couple of hundreds times in a year?
Maybe your Andair is good enough for that but what about a poor mans original
selector?
I assume I would have soon a broken valve and a separated selector in my hand!

Raimo OH-XRT

Got a permit to test fly Airmaster and Trio.