Re: Europa-List: Fuel valve open or close between flights

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel valve open or close between flights
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:08:38

Raimo,

I too have tried the closed position to see how long the noise maker
continues to run and was surprised by how long it works.  Scary
thought of taking off with valve in one of the many OFF positions and
having the noise maker go quiet as you reach altitude for the first
turn.  So I leave my valve in the MAIN position at all times and will
include instructions to rotate the valve 360 degrees at each oil
change interval and inspection.

Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208