Re: Europa-List: Mounting the Rudder

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mounting the Rudder
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 22:35:45
Fred,
It is as Craig said.  Only remove the area where the dumb joggle juts
out and interferes with the hinge.
The lower section is very thick and if you did not clamp your stern post
in tight, it tends to be 3/16 of an inch thick.
I just fill in the rudder area and blend.  Life is too short.  Cutting
the stern post would weaken the area somewhat, but proper reapplication
of plies would make a significant reduction in the thickness.

Just a thought.

Bud