Re: Europa-List: Monowheel outrigger

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel outrigger
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:32:06
Hi Guys,
So far my outigger legs come down and lock as they should, however...
I"ve now broken 4 outrigger legs. Do I have the record?
1 broke 1 for no good reason while taxiing, taking out a very expensive
Airmaster Prop. 2 busted during bounced landings on paved runways, and 1
broke in the hanger as I pushed down on the wing to test it.
These are Nylon 6/6 supplied by the factory with the kit and replacement
stock from Mcmaster-Carr.
I looked at the data sheet on mcmaster web site and could see no
advantage to the MDS filled stock, unless you consider friction
reduction an advantage. Anyone have any other info?

I plan to try making a set from fiberglass rod stock. Smaller diameter
due to the fact that it's stiffer, trying to come close to the same
flex.We'll see....

And I also plan to land better! Steady improvement, now at 40 hours and
lots of landings...

Kevin