RE: Europa-List: Flap position, Flight testing

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap position, Flight testing
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:34:32
Glad to hear you are enjoying your baby
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
[mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com]On Behalf Of Kevin
Klinefelter
  Sent: Sunday, 15 March 2009 10:46 AM
  To: europa-list@matronics.com

  Hi Jim,
  I have  to hold just a little left rudder in cruise to center the ball on
my Dynon. Seems like I am skidding just a bit.
  When I use the stick to level the plane I can do it with one finger, just
a pound or so to keep the left wing up cruising solo. In this position of
wings level the ball is off to the left just enough to put the ball 1/4 on
the line.
  When gear and flaps are down, the left turn is more pronounced. And when
stalled dirty the left wing always drops.

  Thanks to all for the responses. I have not tried changing anything yet. I
have just been enjoying this great little plane and trying very hard to get
better at landing her. I have been doing a lot of landings! And also some
high cruising, 17,000 feet over the snow covered Sierra, just amazing to be
there instead of in the garage...

  Kevin, 35+ hours on the hobbs
  A211, N211KA
  Mono XS