Re: Europa-List: Coolant / Radiator cap

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant / Radiator cap
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:50:57

Jeff & Dave,

Ditto on the gasket.  Had a similar issue with leaking coolant.  Drove
us nuts trying to find the source.  Turned out to be the edge of the
gasket was folded allowing coolant to escape, bubble around the cap,
then up over the lip and dribble down the side of the cap unit where
it dripped off the bottom and onto the engine case.  From there it
sneaked around the case, under various plumbing to the underside where
it dripped off onto the cowl, ran down and ended up in a puddle on the
floor.

Tommy finally found where the coolant was coming from and we gave the
cap a good looking over where we saw the folded gasket.

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208