Europa-List: Coolant / Radiator cap

Subject: Europa-List: Coolant / Radiator cap
From: JEFF ROBERTS <jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:44:22
We'll it's time for me to put my plane back together after a long
annual and a few mods. I have been considering going back to using
50/50 instead of the Evans. Reading the archives most seem to think it
runs 10 or so degrees cooler, plus it's less flammable and I can buy it
anywhere. My question is for Ira or anyone else. Ira here is what you
said on a previous archive.

The day after SnF, I put in the new 1.2 cap ($29. at CPS, $74 at
Lockwood at SnF, since reduced). During the next taxi run to
the active, all the coolant blew out my overflow tank. Fortunately it
has
not happened since

1st do I need to change my radiator cap and if so what does CPS stand
for? In other words where did you buy it for $29.00?  I'm for cheeper
if possible.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff Roberts.
A258 - N128LJ / Gold Rush 176 hours down for mods & annual.