Re: Europa-List: Comm Antenna installation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Comm Antenna installation
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:41:23
Good comment Nigel,
I have installed all three but prefer the carbon fiber Advanced Aircraft
Electronics (AAE) antenna types because they are "no brainers".
Hook an AAE to your handheld and it is a great backup for anyone.  Heck,
just tack with super glue in spots between the epoxy aft of the area
behind the bulkhead for a quick retrofit.  Use it for your ELT also if
you want instead of rigging a ground plane.
I can hook my "Sporties SP200 to the AAE antenna and it is as good as
the Narco.
If you need to make an antenna, by all means get an VSWR meter and tune
it to make it perfect.  It is only a few dollars but time and tuning is
spent also.  Personally, the older I get, time is a precious commodity.

Bud
Custom Flight Creations