Re: Europa-List: A/C paint other than white

Subject: Re: Europa-List: A/C paint other than white
From: Jim Brown <acrojim7534@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:11:51
Frank
-
When Europa had a sales center at the Lakeland Airport in Florida USA the f
actory monowheel demonstrator had dark blue paint on the bottom half of the
 fuselage. They were testing to see if the dark colors would affect the fib
erglass. Over a short period of time the bottom of the fuselage started get
ting deformed enough that you could see ripples in the bottom of the fusela
ge. This was where the blue paint had been applied. The blue paint was remo
ved and the bottom was painted white...There were no further problems after
 the bottom was painted white.
-
Two things to consider, In Florida,-the summer's average daytime temperat
ures are in the high ninety's. But also consider that the asphalt was black
 and the ground temperatures on the ramp-were probably in the region of 1
50 degrees or higher.The monowheel fuselage was setting-less than two fee
t off the asphalt for reference.-I just don't remember the actual range o
f tremperatures, as this took place almost 9 years ago.
-
If you live in a moderate temperature area I don't think there would be a p
roblem with different colors of paint. Here in Florida we paint them all wh
ite.
-
Jim Brown
Monowheel XS N398JB