Re: Europa-List: mono-bungees

Subject: Re: Europa-List: mono-bungees
From: Trombley <ErichDTrombley@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:40:43

Fred,

Where and when shall we meet to take you up on your offer of a beverage.  While
it is certainly easier to replace the bungee with the engine off I was not
willing
to go to that length.  Instead the bungee can be removed/replaced by simply
supporting the plane by what ever means you find sutaible and removing the
wheel from the LG frame.  Also, I remember detaching the damping block and shock
---From the swing arm and fixing it up and out of the way with some wire.
Obviously
the removal of the old bungee is a no brainer.  The installation of a
new bungel is a little trickier.  Going from memory...I wrapped packing tape
over
the last several inches of the new bungee and extended a tail about 12" or
so.  The tail was feed up and over the top of the LG frame and pulled from under
the lower LG frame.  The process was repeated until the entire length was
installed. The firewall aids in this regard forcing the tail over the top.
I also remember using a broom stick as an axel and so
 me gym weights (to simulate the weight of the wheel) to adjust the final
tension
of the bungee.  Hope the above make sense.

Kind regards,

Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org