Re: Europa-List: Engine and radiator hoses

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine and radiator hoses
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 23:20:02

ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com a crit :
> I wouldn't use Silicone for oil or fuel its NOT a suitable material,
> But its use for water/ glycol mix is recommended, If you use the latest Rotax
type spring clamps it will stop any weapage due to expansion and contraction,
> I have changed all my coolant pipes to silicone and after 130 hours havent
> lossed
a drop, IMHO they are superior to the rubber hose supplied by Europa,

Ivor,

Thank you for the info.
I must say that we never lost a drop of water, whatever the hoses. The
cylinder head to expansion tank hoses and clamps came with the engine.
Out of memory the fuel lines are Aeroquip 601 or something.

Best regards,
--
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr