Re: Europa-List: Engine and radiator hoses

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Engine and radiator hoses
From: ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 21:46:44

Hi Gilles
I wouldn't use Silicone for oil or fuel its NOT a suitable material,
But its use for water/ glycol mix is recommended, If you use the latest Rotax
type
spring clamps it will stop any weapage due to expansion and contraction,
I have changed all my coolant pipes to silicone and after 130 hours havent
lossed
a drop, IMHO they are superior to the rubber hose supplied by Europa,
regards
Ivor