RE: Europa-List: Garrecht Ultracompact VT01 installed anyone?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Garrecht Ultracompact VT01 installed anyone?
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:15:29

Hi! Marcel
I appreciate your points but I don't think the motives of the
authorities are such that with Mode S will entitle you to zoom about
anywhere but that if you do then they will have a "handle" on you and
details of where to send their bill, be it a fine for infringement or
indeed as seemingly necessary for "Air Navigation Services" charges for
entering and leaving such as Tempelhof air traffic control zone. They
will still require you to comply with all height restrictions, the main
difference with Mode S being that they will have height read out against
your name.
Of course my point about some possibility of equipment needing to be up
graded or superceded by three years in the future may also be affected
by prices of such equipment being slashed as  Mike Duane points out, but
where aeronautical equipment is concerned the manufacturers expect that
we can stand the cost whatever so I would be amazed if they reduced any
current prices.
Regrds
Bob Harrison G-PTAG