RE: Europa-List: Garrecht Ultracompact VT01 installed anyone?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Garrecht Ultracompact VT01 installed anyone?
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 23:07:02

Hi! Marcel
I think what you are saying is that there is more necessity for Mode S
when flying in Europe than in the UK and this I can not agree with. If
the UK CAA are content to bring Mode S in over a longer period but the
rest of Europe isn't, IMHO this "smacks" of European bureaucracy
applying "you do what WE say NOW" philosophy.
I believe that the greater proportion of radar reception equipment is
unable to handle all VFR Mode S traffic yet on a Europe wide basis, or
am I mistaken?
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG