Re: Europa-List: Garrecht Ultracompact VT01 installed anyone?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Garrecht Ultracompact VT01 installed anyone?
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 11:59:44

[quote:fa65874136="ptag.dev"]I think what you are saying is that there is more
necessity for Mode S when flying in Europe than in the UK[/quote:fa65874136]
I did not intend to compare countries with my statement, I was only looking at
cockpit and flight-prep procedures: if you have a Mode S, you don't need to
worry
about Mode S or Mode A/C anymore. No more need to circumnavigate Mode S
mandatory
zones, no more height-restrictions due to not having one, etc. Just turn
the thing on, and 'forget' about it...

My view of course will be clouded, because in Holland you must have Mode S if
you
wish to go higher than 1500ft, making the decision of getting a Mode S the
more obvious one (please read: almost an absolute necessity).
Marcel

PS 2
I do fully subscribe your views on bureaucracy

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org