Europa-List: Landing lights

Subject: Europa-List: Landing lights
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 22:24:06
My machine is early Classic with foam wings. I don't have these planned
immediately but expect to install same later.

                However, I don't contemplate breaking any skin on the wings,
particularly in the inner half of the wing leading edge for structural
reasons. Rather I will consider the tip area because of its lesser stress
site and the ease of adding perhaps a retractable module easily built in. Of
course it might be impossible if no plan was to add another electric route
to the tip(s). Another reason is that heavier wiring is not vital if the
time ON is kept very short.

                Recent advances have made it more practical with newer light
sources. All my $.02.

Cheers for 2009

Ferg