Re: Europa-List: Warning.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Warning.
From: Tim Houlihan <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:31:31

Karel and David

The Belgium issue is rather worse than you suggest. A friend checked
with the Belgium authorities prior to planning a visit to a Belgium
Fly-in. He was advised that they did have a reciprocal agreement with
the UK regarding accepting the UK permits. and that they would issue him
with a Belgium permit based on his UK permit to allow him to visit the
Fly-in. Would he please send them 80 Euro's for the Belgium permit ! ! !
. My friend decided that in these circumstances he would  not make the
visit  and advised the Belgium Authorities of that decision, all was Ok
until some weeks later he received an invoice for the Permit that was
never issued. He is still trying to unravel this blunder, and is very
reluctant to plan a flight any where near just in case.
Be very wary of contact with these organisations ! !.  I like David have
travelled to Holland or France rather than make a stop in Belgium. If I
had to make an unplanned stop for any reason I would studiously avoid
any mention of a Permit and try and pretend that the Europa is a little
known version of a two seat PA28.

Having said all that I have had good service from Oostende approach in
passing through their airspace.

regards

Tim H