Re: Europa-List: Warning.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Warning.
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:44:15

Bob,

Wow !

> Though I do recall of a couple of bombastic jerks at Deuville being
> a damn nuisance over our late arrival once, when we were given
> clearance to land by their ATC who made no reminding comments about
> the field being shut

Do I clearly understand that Deauville airfield was reported shut or
closed ?
If this is the case I'm surprised, as most French airfields have no open
or closed hours. At Deauville, as long as you comply with your
particular rules, VFR for instance, you may land or take of f whenever
you wish. If ATC is not available, then you must communicate in French only.
Of course there may be special occasions when an airfield has to be
closed, but then a particular NOTAM is issued in advance.

Or maybe you were referring to Customs and immigration offices opening
hours ?

Best regards,
--
Gilles