RE: Europa-List: Warning.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Warning.
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:19:14
Hi! Karel, Hans and many more.
 I have no wish to apologize for my political leanings and agree that
the Europa forum is not a soap box.However our Europa aircraft allow us
to transgress all borders and so the way we accomplish that it is
relevant to this forum IMHO. The UK is suffering massive influxes of
migrants due to our immigration controls being decimated by the EU. We
have suffered terrorism for many years and it is right that our
Government should be implicated in keeping a watchful eye on all parties
entering and leaving, like WE have to report and get authority to travel
to Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. It is just a damn shame more
isn't done about how migrants can traverse the rest of Europe and so
finish up here inflicting undue pressure on our community services
infrastructure and getting free hand outs because of a failure of many
other European Country's (Sorry STATES!) for not picking up their fair
share of so called asylum seekers.
Concerning the claim that the EU is a success and has prevented any
further wars I don't recall that the British have ever perpetrated the
start of hostilities in Europe in the entire 19th and 20th centuries, so
IMHO the absence of hostilities isn't down to the EU being success, less
still the 14 years of unacceptable accounts audits. The fact remains
that it is NOT democratic but bureaucratic in the extreme and has
expanded by stealth without the consent of the people as proven by the
French, Dutch, and recently Irish votes.
I hadn't realized that Karel's "beef" was to do with Shengen but thought
he was bemoaning European Officialdom.
What is left of OUR controls is plainly our business. Yes I have enjoyed
the convenience of entering Shengen states but it should be remembered
that the British Isles are FULL for permanent residency purposes.
.If European controls wish to make entry into specific Airfields then so
be it, that's not our problem but from where I'm standing I guess it
"takes two to tango!" We have an advance notice of arrival system so I
guess you really need the same rather than having specific airfields
imposed. Though I do recall of a couple of "bombastic jerks" at Deuville
being a damn nuisance over our late arrival once, when we were given
clearance to land by their ATC who made no reminding comments about the
field being shut even though we were from LaRochelle where a Customs
squad almost dismantled our a/c making us late anyway, having at the
same time allowed about 200 passengers from another a/c to pass without
inspection!
Now to raise the common currency question is  a political matter but I
get the impression that you wouldn't welcome me raising it on this forum
however I do get "vibes" that many STATES would dearly like to return to
their original currency anyway!
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG