Re: Europa-List: Warning.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Warning.
From: JohnDHeykoop@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 06:16:35

Hi Bob

Karel's problems have nothing to do with European Union regulations. They
are due entirely to the fact that, unlike nearly all the other EU  countires
,
the UK has not signed up to the Schengen agreement, which eliminates  passpo
rt
control between participating countries. Belgian regulations therefore  requ
ire
Karel to depart from an airfield with passport control when he wants to  go
to the UK.

If you could concentrate your considerable political energies on persuading

the UK government to sign up to the Schengen deal then Karel could fly from
any  airfield in Belgium to any airfield in the UK by just filing a flight
plan. UK based pilots would enjoy similar benefits in that they would no  lo
nger
have to land at an airfield with customs when flying to mainland  Europe.

Best regards

John Heykoop