RE: Europa-List: W26 lift pin blocks

Subject: RE: Europa-List: W26 lift pin blocks
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:47:32

I came to the conclusion, that my fuselage must be about 20mm wider than it
should be at the point where the blocks go
rather than it being a fault with my measurements and CM install etc, as the
wings fit the CM etc nicely, and moving the whole
CM over far enough to fix the post side pin would see the problem move to
the other side. What i ended up
doing on the port side was carefully filing out the hole for the pin enough
to allow the w26 block to pass through from the inside
which IMHO will be stronger. I then reduxed it in place (wings rigged at
correct AOA), later i came back and reduxed 2 3mm alloy
spreader plates on the outside so i could bolt right through the whole lot.
I considered getting another w26 made that was 10mm longer
to do the same on the other side. The fit of the pin couldnt be better into
the W26, there is about 2mm clearance between the outside
of the w26 and the face of the wing where the pin screws in, which is the
same as the starboard side. Ill send some pics if you like