RE: Europa-List: Time to Paint?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Time to Paint?
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:40:48
Hi Mike,

We decided not to fly until painted for the following reasons;
1) the color must be white to keep from getting too hot.  One plane we
know of had light grey primer on a control surface that warped in the
sun.
2) even with white primer, the primer is usually more porous than paint,
and may get impregnated with engine oils, bug juice, etc, that may cause
problems later on when you do paint.

just my two cents worth,

Terry Seaver