RE: Europa-List: Wing incidence

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Wing incidence
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 22:00:45

I am faced with the simmilar on my build. If take the wings to the 2.5deg
then the pins are so tight
i cannot remove (if already inserted) or insert if not installed. At 2.0
degrees i can get the pins in and out
JUST at 1.6 it all works nicely. the extra 1degree adds about 800lbs of lift
at 150mph in cruise flight
so I dont think your .1 degree will have much effect. According to my
calculations the 1deg will require the tail of the AC
to be about 100mm lower on landing to generate the same lift for landing
(just above stall speed) On a trike
i cant see this being a major issue, on a mono however????

If anyone has run a lower incidence I too would like to know

craig