Re: Europa-List: sight tube too aged

Subject: Re: Europa-List: sight tube too aged
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:46:11
Hi Greg,

Running the sight tube up the cockpit molding between the seats works

well,
however you can't really see it in flight, unless your body is much
more supple than mine.
I've tried most of the flexible tubing from Aircraft Spruce, and with

Mogas they all discoloured
quickly, to the point that I could hardly see the fuel.
Changing the tubing is a bit of a pain, as you have to drain the tank.
The clear PVC pipe A/S #03-54100, looks as if it will work well, but
I have not tried it myself.

Dave